Fire Safety Tips for Homes and Businesses in Little Rock, Arkansas
Although man has harnessed the properties of fire to advance civilization, it is still a powerful and destructive element which needs to be respected. People in all walks of life need to know fire safety basics in order to safely use and live with fire.
Chenal Restoration believes that everyone plays a role when it comes to fire prevention. Here are some basic fire safety tips for you:
- Check your floor plan, plot sources of fire, and plan possible exit routes.
- Invest in fire alarms in every floor of the structure. For homes, aside from putting one on every level of the home, there should also be one alarm per bed room.
- Put a carbon monoxide alarm in your home or your business in order to detect dangerous build of CO.
- Always change the batteries of your fire alarms after every 8 – 10 months.
- You will need to invest in fire extinguishers, learn about the ratings system, and place the appropriately rated fire extinguishers near the fuel types they work best against. For home or restaurant kitchens which can possibly give rise to fires from cooking oil, you will need to get a small fire extinguisher with the K rating.
- For people working in kitchens, always dress appropriately and avoid dressing in long sleeve shirts or uniforms when cooking.
- If your house or establishment uses a chimney, please have a professional and licensed chimney sweep clean it once a year to remove creosote build-up which could serve as a fuel that destroys the flue and lead to a structural collapse.
- Avoid using octopus connections at home or at work.
- If a fire is discovered, alert everyone and ask them to orderly file out of the building or home.
- People should learn how to stop, drop, and roll if their clothes are on fire.
- Attempt to fight fires only when people are out of the building.
We hope that you’ve learned a few things from our article. If your home or business in Little Rock, Arkansas encounters fire damage, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Chenal Restoration at 866-971-5098 or through any of the forms in this site. Aside from fire damage, we can also remediate and repair the effects of water damage, perform content restoration on your items, remove mold, and reconstruct the establishment. Call us today and we’ll help you recover from disaster.